Cute and warm - impressive
This "What I Know About Germans" list, discovered through überlin, is about as dead on as a 100-point list can get. If you're living in Germany and looking for a laugh, or interested in learning what my life amongst these well-dressed, well-educated, heavy-drinking people is like, check it out.
Some of my favorites:
- (I suspect this has something to do with the fact it’s what I would classify as Winter, ten months of the year).
- They speak English better than most English people I know.
- They have unexpectedly wicked senses of humour.
- Germans don’t tend to jay-walk. And they judge those who do.
- Germans can drink. And not just write themselves off, vomit in the bath tub at 2am, wedge in a kebab and back it up the following night, a la American/English/Australian binge drinkers … I mean drink. While the rest of the world is vomiting in the bath tub, the Germans are calmly ingesting their 57th shot and washing it down with a beer, their cheeks a little rosy, their eyes a little glazed, but their livers working as smoothly as a German made automobile.